Yumba Bimbi’s short-term accommodation home was formally gifted by our partners in community, mining corporation Rio Tinto and is based in Emerald in the Central Highlands of Queensland. The beautifully appointed home is the only respite centre between Rockhampton and Longreach and provides disability services to people living in the rural and isolated communities of the Central Highlands, Bowen Basin and Western Qld region.
Short-term accommodation is a great way to take a break from everyday life and spend time with friends enjoying activities and achieving goals of your choice. It can also be an important stepping – stone for participants who have a goal to live independently and would like to learn and develop additional life skills.
This service provides a warm and positive environment to engage socially with others and make life-long friends. Yumba Bimbi in the local indigenous language means “Good home” and we aim to be your home away from home. When staying in short-term accommodation at Yumba Bimbi, the team will go above and beyond to support you in achieving your goals and you can expect that the staff will do all that they can to ensure your stay is a happy one.
Yumba Bimbi short-term accommodation will provide:
- 24/7 support a 24 hour up to 2 week stay
- highly skilled, passionate, and friendly staff
- staff who are certified in first aid and CPR.
- Assistance personal care
- All meals
- Fully air-conditioned home
- A choice of 4 beautifully appointed bedrooms
- Outdoor entertainment and BBQ area
- community access and recreational activities of your choice
- a positive and safe environment.