With thanks to the Mary MacKillop Today Community Grants Program, Yumba Bimbi have been able to set up the YB Information and Support Hub.
The YB NDIS Information and Support Hub is a place where our team of friendly and experienced staff will be able to assist people across our region to understand the complexities of the NDIS – access processes, funding available to meet your specific needs, prepare for your first NDIA plan or review and importantly, how to navigate the My Place portal.
The YB NDIS Information and Support Hub offers:
- Individual and personalised support
- Current and accurate information relevant to you and your needs provided by the highly skilled Yumba Bimbi team
- Assistance to understand what funding and support may be available to you in the NDIS to support your physical, intellectual and emotional wellbeing and to enhance and strengthen the valued roles that people with disability have to play in community.
- Practical, visual and hands on learning tools and information provided in alternative communication formats to meet a variety of learning needs.
- Assistance to understand and complete the Access Request Process and planning meetings with the NDIA
- Free internet café with access to computers, and skilled and experienced staff who will help you to understand and navigate the My Place Portal.
- We can assist you to learn how to create and manage service bookings with your preferred providers; create and view payment requests; View and monitor your NDIS budget; Locate appropriate service providers.
- We also offer our services as support people and advocates when negotiating and meeting with the NDIA